Friday, May 9, 2008

The EC Catwalk

My bub's too sexy for her nappy, and she shakes her nudey tush on the catwalk.

I've been meaning to post about baby clothing and EC, but I thought I'd wait until I had some snaps of our bub in her special ECing fashion which was hand made by April.

Most of the time my bub wears jumpsuits, long sleeved on cold days and short sleeved on hot days, but we leave them undone, so she wears jumpsuits like shirts (see picture below). This is mainly because we have struggled to find many baby sized shirts.

As I've mentioned previously our bub isn't completely nappy free, we use nappies like underwear. So most of the time she has a hemp or bamboo cloth nappy on her butt. On cold days when we head outside she wears a long sleeved jumpsuit undone, a nappy and one of the little pairs of pants we have - all of which were inherited from friends. It's a little bit annoying having her in pants because it means another layer to take off when we EC on the go. Dresses would be better than pants, but that leaves little legs exposed to the weather. In my opinion the ECer's best friend are baby sized leg warmers. Cue April...

April is a very talented craftswoman who was keen to make our bub a welcome-to-the-world gift. Among other things, April made our daughter some little leg warmers which are my new favourite thing in the world.


I love the colour she chose, it will go with everything! Now when we go out into the world we can EC and keep our babe warm without having to muck around with layers of clothing! Every Christmas, every birthday, every baby I am going to request baby sized leg warmers from friends and family :D

But that's just what happens in my family. To find out what other items are on the EC catwalk in other families check out the following links:
The EC Store
Tribal Baby on Clothing
The Potty Shop Items

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nawww she is so cute!
Love the photos :D

xo

Mama said...

Glad you like them, pity about the pink hu? lol

feel free to copy them for yourself and your blog :)

Anonymous said...

LOL I am working on my pink-phobia. But I suppose you have to make sure no one thinks she is a boy right? ROFL (just kidding)

Thanks I meant to ask if I could nab the photos and forgot...

Mama said...

Funny you should mention that, but whenever she's wearing blue strangers assume she's a boy. But I play along and just call her Harri because research shows baby boys and girls are treated differently. I figure why not try and level the plating field a little :)

btw, I was wrong about the beanie, it does fit, it's just hard to get on properly because someone doth protest strongly to headwear lol

Anonymous said...

Yeah my boys can be dressed in blue from head to toe but people spin out because of their hair *rolls eyes*

Is it the edging on the beanie that makes it hard to get on? When I was doing it I was wondering if it was too tight...

Mama said...

No the beanie itself is fine! Harri just has an objection to all headwear while it's being put on her head. Once we get it on and she realises she still has complete freedom of movement she settles and decides hats aren't so bad :)