Monday, May 12, 2008

EC Travel Kit

Until today whenever our bub has needed to wee or poo while we're out and about we have taken her to a toilet, or held her over some grass. This system meant that at my first mother's group meet I kept having to get up and leave the group to take bubs to the toilet. But today, for some reason, I remembered seeing something about a travel kit on another EC website, but I can't remember exactly where. So I created my own.

My EC kit is very simple: 1 medium to large container for the catches, 1 (or 2) smaller containers to store the wee catches until you find a toilet, and a face washer for wiping.


I have been using this system for three hours and it has been fantastic! Today at mother's group I sat on the floor with my bub and neither of us missed a single minute of discussion. When I spotted a cue I put the large container under her and caught her wee, wiped her, poured the wee out of the bigger container into one of the small one's and sealed the small one shut and give the big container a quick wipe too. At the end of the group meet (after about three or four wees) I tipped the contents of the small container into the toilet and flushed, rinsed both containers with water, dried with a face washer and put the tupperwear back in my bag.

If I were walking around and couldn't tip the contents down a toilet immediately I could seal the small container, put it inside the big container and seal that too, put it in my bag and forget about it until we were near a toilet.

Not only was it super convenient, it was a great way of naturally introducing my new acquaintances to elimination communication.

No comments: