Friday, April 11, 2008

Communication Is The Only Goal That Matters

I think I've fallen into the trap of getting too caught up in results. Results are secondary in this process to strengthening communication. And when I focus on results I actually jeopordise the communication. For example, when she wakes up I put her on the potty as quick as possible, and quite often she doesn't want to go just because she's woken up. Sometimes she needs more time to wake up, or she needs a feed first, but I'm so focused on making a catch that I ignore her body language and sounds :(

It's about knowing my baby better and it really works! In one week I've learned that my baby doesn't slip off the breast because she's having trouble feeding or she's fussing for no reason, she's taking herself off because she feels herself needing to wee or poo (or vomit).

No comments: