Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Don't Kick Your Catches Over The Carpet!

Yesterday I went on to catch quite a few more wees, and when my partner got home he caught one too.

This morning she didnt have poo to catch, and as usual I woke up after she'd wee'd. She ended up pooing twice in the afternoon and I caught both in the potty.

The wee we've caught has all been caught after a sleep.

First one happened after some fussing during a feed, she had been grunting and pulling her knees up, then she came off, so I held her over the potty and it wasnt long before the spurt. Then she went back to feeding for a little while and she becomes restless again and I think it might be wee so I offer her the potty again and she farts, so I know a poo is coming, sure enough we catch the second poo.

We have a cuddle for a while, another short feed and some more of a cuddle, and she begins to squirm and throw her arms around jerkily and I mistake her jerky arm movements as a feeding cue and offer her the boob again and I get wee'd on.

I wonder if ECing with a boy is harder? I imagine it would be because of how far they can fire their wee away from themselves...when we miss my baby's wee it soaks into the towel she's on and sometimes down her back, not hard to clean up at all. What was hard to clean up was the potty full of bright orange runny breastfed baby poo I accidentally kicked onto the lounge room carpet!

I realise that I now run the risk of reading all her movements as elimination cues, as I once read them all as feeding cues. I really want to be able to discern between her various types of restlessness, but so far they all look the same...

No comments: