Monday, April 21, 2008

Our Little Master of Communications

I was wearing bub in a pouch yesterday and worrying that she wouldn't be able to let me know when she needed to eliminate because she's so snug (ie she couldn't push her legs out as she does). I decided to put aside my worry and if we missed a catch so be it, we were all happy having her in her pouch for the moment. Of course she had no trouble letting me know when it was time to get out of the pouch and over the catching bowl. When she couldn't kick her legs out she squirmed as much as she could and cried at me until I got the message (which wasn't very long!). I took her out of the pouch, held her over the bowl and immediately she did a wee in the bowl. Beautiful work, team.

After the catch I explained to her Dad that I had had nothing to fear, she was perfectly capable of letting me know it was time for the potty. And his response cracked me up. He said to bub:

"Nine weeks old and you're already a better communicator than your father!"

No comments: