Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pre-poo-escent Thoughts

We've wanted to practice elimination communication since our baby was born, but we were preoccupied and a little overwhelmed by all the new things we had to learn with a new baby, so we decide to leave it for the first few weeks and settle into parenthood first. The first week involves some breastfeeding dramas so we set the time to start ECing for when our breastfeeding relationship is hassle free.

So what is it? Click Here For The Scoop


When I first heard about ECing it really spoke to me because I kept thinking about how I might feel as a baby in a nappy - ick! And it made sense to me because I always know when I need to go to the toilet, so of course a baby would (probably moreso because all the sensations are so new and big to their fresh little bodies). Reading about it also reminded me of hanging out with my sister and baby niece and how my sister always knew when her daughter was pooing because of the face she pulled during.

So here is our ECing diary....

No comments: